The standard generator fuel tank product provides double wall construction. Single wall tanks are also available upon request. Our standard design provides storage capacity from 25 to 5500 gallons matched to the footprint of all equipment manufacturers. In addition to the design features referenced that you require, please contact us for a quote.
In addition to this, we custom design and build many tanks to our customer's specifications. Whether you need a different dimension, a different metal type, or a different design, we can meet your tank needs.
General Power's closed top diked generator sub-base diesel fuel tank has an integral steel dike intended to contain liquids from tank leak or rupture. The dike has integral protection on the top to prevent precipitation, debris, or other elements from entering the diked area.
Closed top diked generator sub-base fuel tanks are listed by Underwriters Laboratories under UL #142 special purpose tanks. Special purpose tanks are to be installed in accordance with the flammable and combustible liquids code, NFPA#30 of the National Fire Protection Association.
General Power's line of closed top diked Generator sub-base fuel tanks is UL #142 listed under file# MH27650 Each Closed top diked generator sub-base fuel tank is manufactured to comply with the following specifications.
- UL 142 listed, closed top dike construction
- Inner tank -10 gauge (.135") steel
- Outer tank- 7 gauge (.179) steel , top and bottom
- Electrical stub-up area with removable end channel
- Normal vent
- Inner tank emergency vent sized to UL 142 specifications
- Outer containment area vented by tank design
- Three (3) 2" NPT fittings
- Two (2) 1/2 NPT supply and return fuel dip tubes
- Fitting for low level fuel switch
- One (1) 1" NPT basin drain fitting
- Lockable fuel fill
- Direct reading mechanical fuel gauge
- Fuel in basin switch
- Satin black paint finish